Precise Searching for High Quality InformationSearching with Q-Sensei makes it easy to find information that best fits your needs:
- Enter your search phrase and then use our automatically generated search suggestions to narrow down your search.
- Browse and combine all of our search suggestions.
- Add and remove search suggestions and give your search full flexibility.
Search Result Presentation
Detailed Information for Each Search ResultWe believe it is important for effective research to get more than just a list of search results: therefore, we collect as much information as possible on each item and present it to you in the easily comprehensible Q-Sensei way:
- Metadata, Abstracts, Reviews and a version history give you a comprehensive overview of the search result.
- Additional information, such as websites of publishers and quotes, help you better understand each search result.
- The display of related subjects or items gives you an idea of how to further fine-tune or continue your search.
Participate and enrich search resultsQ-Sensei invites everybody to enrich all data and suggest relevant information on a Wiki Style platform:
- Write reviews and help other users better understand results and put them into context.
- Add your own knowledge and relevant background information to entries.
- Enrich or expand all search results
Tools for Your ResearchQ-Sensei offers various tools to support your research:
- Watch List: Save interesting search results to recall them any time you like. Create and manage multiple Watch Lists for a variety of topics.
- Saved Searches: Save the searches that you have made and continue working with the information at any time.
- Recently Viewed Items: Get a quick link to previously viewed items.
- Recent Searches: Return to previous searches quickly and conveniently.
Q-Sensei Search BasicsAND and OR search operators for better search results:
- All search phrases and categories (e.g. Keyword or Year) are automatically connected with an AND. Therefore, search results always include entries that contain all search terms that you have entered
- In addition, it is possible to search for items that match one or the other of the search terms you have entered. To do so, you simply open the pop-up window and access all search suggestions. Use the checkboxes and choose multiple search suggestions within a category. The results will then match either search term 1 OR search term 2 OR search term 3.
- You can also combine several search suggestions from different categories in the pop-up window. The categories will be connected by AND and the search suggestions within one category will be connected by OR. The search results will match one or several search suggestions from each of the chosen categories.
Search by Author
Q-Sensei Search TipsUse the pop-up window for search suggestions in multiple categories, e.g. authors or years and combine different search suggestions:
- Use the "more" link to open the pop-up window for the search suggestions, select the category "author" and enter an author's name into the search field. Our auto-complete function will help you find the right spelling once you have entered the first few letters. The results will match only entries by this author.
- Use the checkboxes within the pop-up window to combine search suggestions in the various categories, e.g. author and year. This will narrow down the search results, for example, to the publications of a single author in a given time frame.
Real Time Preview
Share information with widgetsWith Q-Sensei Widgets you can quickly and easily integrate search results into your website or blog. Choose from the following widgets:
- Watch List widget for your favorite articles or books
- Search Result widget for results on a specific author or keyword
- Search Field widget for direct access to Q-Sensei's search engine